This page is a collection of wisdom pills (between the serious and the facetious) that come to mind before, during and after doing sports.
Take them as they are! 🙂
07.05.2021 – Nauroth, Hesse, Germany
- If it is a cold, windy and rainy morning, and you have forgotten long-sleeved shirt, wind jackets and so on, just waer the sun glasses and run faster 🙂
- A dinner with carbs is good for training; a dinner with a lot of carbs and red wine is another level!
- If you want to gain some Strava crowns, just run with one of the master of Strava crowns (@ Carlo!)
01.05.2021 – Aosta, Valle d’Aosta, Italy
- When Andrea thinks to run flat stuff, “flat” is kind of relative concept, especially if his friends share the same concept! 🙂
- When two friends with a strong passion for trail running think to stay out for max 1 hour, there is a kind of flexible and additional time to be counted for….something usually in the range of plus 30 minutes and 1 hour! 🙂
- It is not important how much time you stay in a place, it is more important HOW you decide to spend the time there 😉
24.04.2021 – Lorch am Rhein, Hesse, Germany
- If you are cold, just rotate fast your arms…clockwise and counterclockwise. Then clap and smile 🙂
- Sun glasses are not only for sun and “fashion”. They protect your eyes from insects and wind!
- Trail Running in group: start together, run together (not necessarily each meter, especially if you need to fart or burp), finish together, but especially enjoy the route and panorama together! 🙂
14.04.2021 – Hausen vor der Höhe, Hesse, Germany
- if you meet two “bambi” and try to chase them uphill….no chance: forget it 🙂
- if you are in Germany and you meet an hiker and crossing him, he says smiling “wahnsinn” to you,….it is supposed to be a compliment 😉
- Say what you do. Do what you say. Always.
10.04.2021 – Espenscheid, Hesse, Germany
- If the weather is bad (but not dangerous), and the plan is to run together with someone, do not write text messages whether to run or not. I think rain jackets have been invented for some reasons 😀
- If the sky is gray and the ground brown….just put on a pair of fluo-colored clothes 😛
- If the plan is to run a loop and it starts with a looooong downhill, then it will finish with a looooong uphill 😉
09.04.2021 – Ramsheid, Hesse, Germany
- Always follow your passions, but also use your brain not to overdo it
- Talk, talk, talk while you run...so you train your breath….and the hearing of those around you 🙂
- There’s nothing wrong with saying “Hallo, Hello, Moin, Gude, Morgen, Hi, Servus” to anyone you meet along the paths…and do it with a big smile! 🙂
03.04.2021 – Wiesbaden, Hesse, Germany
- If you do a long run one day, during the following day, it is much better few hours biking than few hours laying on the sofa
- if your name is Andrea and you like outdoor, do not trust yourself when you say: “I just want to bike 1 or 2 hours maximum”….bring always with you an additional jacket and a headlamp (as I wisely did! :-))
- The best part of Mainz is the one on the other side of the Rhine 😛 ….I know that my mainzer friends will not like it! (p.s. I’m just joking!)
02.04.2021 – Rodalben, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- if the Covid is making it difficult for me to travel abroad, I can always continue my exploration in Germany Trail Running (and hiking) to explore Germany | EmigranTrailer
- Thinking always about what I can do and what I have, not what I can’t do and don’t have 😉
- With this latest exploration I have updated the page dedicated to Trail Running (& hiking) in the Upper Rhine & Pfalz: Trail-Running in Upper Rhine & Pfalz | EmigranTrailer
The generation of these pills of wisdom is linked to different sports activities I do, tyically (not always) published on my social channels:
- Andrea Emigrantrailer | Facebook
- Instragram: @emigrantrailer
For more technical and detailed information just browse my website and choose one of the pages or categories that interest you the most My Website: several reasons for it| EmigranTrailer.
If you have specific topics, feel free to write me privately.
Enjoy your passions!
Andrea De Filippo
Original post in english language. For other languages, please open with a web browser (i.e. Chrome) and apply the automatic translation.
Latest update: 01.05.2021